Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dawgies Beware!!!!!

My friend SPR: Anyone who posts a quote by the good DR. H Thompson at the end of his rant should fully expect to get abnormal e-mail traffic on this subject!!!!
I remember distinctly that the atmosphere surrounding cannibas consumption in Alaska circa 1980 was exemplified by a disgruntled look from the local law enforcement, accompanied by a following "wink and smile"! Two plants were allowed to be LEGALLY grown in your back yard, presumeably for your own consumption. This time-frame was toward the last of the oil-pipeliners moving back down to the lower 48, so the Teamster "hands off our guys" attitude was still in effect for most all human beings in the state. Let me tell you, rear-easement mapping was a treat there!!! Didn't matter if it was Matanuska T'f*ck or some extraterrestrial Hawaiian pine tree!! While mapping Multi-Visions' first cable TV system, we had a cop living in the apt. above us that just nodded and inhaled DEEPLY as he watched us enjoy the evening's herb cocktail waft out the windows of our unit. Anything done "in your house" was your business, your responsibility, and your relaxation after the long, hard day of work! Funny....I don't remember ever getting into a fight at Chilcoot Charlie's while smoking versus drinking!!
Of course, the world has changed a great deal since that age of sensible idealism, but I remain constantly amazed at the fear attached to such a simple thing as getting mildly intoxicated on a home-grown herb!! Are we being obtuse??

P.S.: By the way, the Grateful Dead played all night long that summer, in the high school gym! About 2 1/2 hours!!!
Let's say you want to build a BIG house, but you don't think you'll need a foundation..........
This is CABL.com posting #136871. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJLL
Posted in reply to: Re: Dawgies Beware!!!!! by sprdave
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dawgies Beware!!!!! Clean Splice 10/17/2004 3:05:00 PM