Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Easiest way to do a driveway bore?

Hey Vic
I was telling you the almost worst thing that could happen ... although sometimes it's funny what people will ask you to do, as you know we have some real buttwipe homeowners to deal with it don't matter what phase we are in. As I said I been in this for a good while..... that says a lil in in its self... I would say you can make money if you live in a compact system for sure, dang gas prices hurt these days. I done a contract in Az in the early 90s used a ditchwitch & maxi sneaker plow back then. vibratory plow can handle pretty hard ground, just takes a little longer. Like the other guy says the key is Looking and Watching locates and imagining whether there is a electric line to that shed out there and so on. The biggest pain in the butt for us is alot of people are doing the Invisi-fence thing and of course it isn't located, but is easy to locate if the homeowner is home or if you own a locater. A simple question I was wondering are you doing the complete drop or just bores? Personally I haven't used a missle on a driveway, mostly on 2 and 4 lane roads, parking lots.
Heck if it is at home and you have a decent relationship with the MSO or Build one, I'd go for it, used equipment id the ONLY way to go if you are just starting out, the going price on e-bay for a maxi-sneaker,or like machine with trencher and plow and a hydra bore attachment is around 5700. cheap compared to a new machine equipped the same 25 to 30k. Lots of times these machines have rods and bits and blades included. A plow virtually leaves no restoration to be done & the trencher saves alot of hand digging, not to mention you can pickup alot of side jobs other than cable work.
(idea)ALWAYS leave a Bus. Card at the address when finished! It will saved them calling to the Catv/Telephone company which looks good on you and if you list services you provide, you will pickup ALOT of side jobs!
This is CABL.com posting #136443. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJER
Posted in reply to: Easiest way to do a driveway bore? by Victor
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Easiest way to do a driveway bore? Victor 9/30/2004 2:03:00 PM
Re: Easiest way to do a driveway bore? Victor 9/30/2004 1:58:00 PM
Re: Easiest way to do a driveway bore? DONE RIGHT 9/30/2004 10:08:00 AM