Create your free account now! Sign up

Food For Thought

I haven't read all the replies, but have read some. I agree that the scumbag hook and book contractors have already plagued the industry to the point that it is next to impossible to make a good living at it like the old days of cable dogs commanding top dollar for their hard earned knowledge and expertease in the only communications field left that actually has industry growth and innovation potential. You can improve manufactured power, but not its' delivery. You can improve telephone, but there's not much left to it except adding more "clicky" gagets to already complicated phone services.

Cable is the only communications industry left where all areas of the field can still be improved from producing to installing.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, as great as it would be to be able to control "out of control" contractors, it would not only be next to impossible, but most likely be unconstitutional because the nature of contracting is self employment. Self employment gives us the ability to control what we as individuals want to charge and are willing to accept for payment. Therefore, how do we regulate this without violating our own constitutional rights?

Food for thought................
This is CABL.com posting #136360. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJDw
Posted in reply to: A Union Of Contractors/ Not A Union by deleted
There are 0 replies to this message