Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: YOU Never Know

Just a few words.....

Last Spring my grandson was granted a "Make A Wish" trip to the Orlando area...guess what week was picked.....I sit here Sunday night, at the "Give Kids The World' Villas in Kissimmee relieved that when Jeanne went through Orlando, she was down to 75-80 MPH. There is damage here for sure, but not like what we see on TV in other parts of Florida. There was a great amount of trepidation on the Families part, but we survived our first experience in a real honest to goodness hurricane!
We had asked each other if we should reschedule, but two things were dominate in our thougts. First, we've survived Emersons four heart operations (in three years), and second, the people here in Florida have been through a lot this year.
We'll enjoy the rest of the week here at the attractions and head home next Friday with a new appreciation for ALL the crews that we saw in caravans, both north and south, on the way here. We'll return to Michigan, but we'll pay more attention to the weather channel during the next hurricane, or next hurricane season.
On a side note, I highly recommend the Make A Wish foundation if anyone is looking for a new, or favorite charity!
Wishing y'all well!
Steve(spin)
This is CABL.com posting #136224. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJBk
Posted in reply to: Re: YOU Never Know by Cablegirl163
There are 0 replies to this message