Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Admin --- C'mon, Rick... What Gives...???

Speaking only for myself , I apologize for the inconveniences that others may be causing you for words coming from me. I will concede that my opinions may be somewhat controversial in others eyes, however I have attempted to remain within the guidelines of decorum as stated in the rules. Once or twice I have stepped over the line and been admonished for it. The removal of my postings in the past were with just cause. At the time of posting, it appeared to be opinion, but after receiving the notification and re-reading it----- well, it could be viewed as a party foul. My apologies.
More to the point-- I will take this opportunity to thank you for providing those of us in this industry with a springboard to vent. The unmoderated section has always been a gathering place for those folks in the industry that choose to get a little rowdy and raucous. It is also a meeting place for those that want to post anything pertaining to religion , politics, sports, self aggrandizing speeches or results from the national goat roping event attended in Moosejaw Alaska.
Its just plain fun! It is a shame that there are those that do not see it that way. I have maintained my anonymity for one simple reason. When I get up from this stress reliever---- I can walk away and not worry about what others think of me, because they dont know me. My words that are read, are put on the forum to inspire thought, bring some laughter and perhaps even change someones life to the good. Yes it is true that I have taken a position toward one certain "regular" in the unmoderated section, but ---- so what? I believe it is a matter of an anonymous individual with a gift of gab vs. an individual that has put every moment of his life all over this forum, including pictures and medical X-Rays! Once again--- so what? Its just a medium and you have been gracious enough to allow this industry a place to do exactly what we like to do---- Pony up to the BAR!
Perhaps a warning prior to entering the unmoderated section would suffice.
Somethings along the lines of "Warning! You are about to enter an unprofessional area that contains postings that violate any sensitivity training your MSO has ever mandated you to attend. Dont call me if you are offended!"
This site is the best one for our ilk. Please dont take the Unmoderated away!

Scarecrow
This is CABL.com posting #136085. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJy5
Posted in reply to: Re: Admin --- C'mon, Rick... What Gives...??? by Admin
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Admin --- C'mon, Rick... What Gives...??? sprdave 9/25/2004 9:49:00 AM