Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Does anyone have any info on amtec good or bad

Concerning Amtec. I was just inside the border of northern Florida when I received disturbing information that caused to me to contact the Amtec man with whom I was dealing through emails and phone calls. Well, the information I had received from cablbar.com writer proved to be true. There is a problem with payment and how pay was to be figured. I was told initially that it would be by the hour only no other information. The person who contacted said they were told by the hour then by the job by 09/21/2004. This was never told to me. Then, I'm told that Amtec said Comcast had reneged on their hourly committment and all would be by piece work now. That could really be a problem if weather is bad, parts are backordered or run out of or waiting for the crew in front of you to get an area ready. Amtec called work off today because of the problem with Comcast and the Amtec contact said everyone had left. I asked why he had not contacted me about the problems or told me about the change in billing. He said "Oh, I didn't know you were coming down yet." Well, that is no excuse, but he certainly did know because we had talked about it at least twice and on email. So, I would say, be careful and get everything that might be a problem in writing making sure that it can be interpreted in only one way. A way that covers your back. But even then, we all know how difficult it can be to get pay that is due if the company wants to give us the runaround. Good luck guys, I'm heading back up north. Four days and money out the window.
This is CABL.com posting #135275. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJl1
There is 1 reply to this message