Create your free account now! Sign up

People already working storm damage...

Hey all,

A few friends and I are looking at heading down to work some of the storm damage (splicing - maybe construction). I have contacted several people and only two can give straight answers.

Before we make another 2000 mile trip, can someone who is already working down there please give us the scoop on:

1- is there Overtime?

2- are hotels being paid?

3- how do you figure time? ie from the time you leave till you get back or time on the job? what about downtime from the afternoon storms?

4- if they aren't paying downtime for waiting on line crews or parts or storms - how nuch real downtime are you experiencing?

5- this is a biggie, are there enough people looking for help that if we go, and find out who we are working for isn't on the up and up - will we have trouble moving to someone who is straight up?

Can you guys email (-REDACTED-) or PM me on this?

Admin- I am not looking for new contacts (ie advertisement)- I have several already. I am just looking to see if what people are telling me is true before I get burned again in Florida.

Thanks everyone!

Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #135171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJkl
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: People already working storm damage... mmocrhom96 9/9/2004 10:08:00 AM
Re: People already working storm damage... Splicerwork 9/8/2004 2:53:00 PM
Re: People already working storm damage... CableHeather68 9/8/2004 8:02:00 AM
Re: People already working storm damage... deleted 9/8/2004 7:42:00 AM
Re: People already working storm damage... Victor 9/8/2004 12:36:00 AM