Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for Factoring companies

Your best bet bud is to try and give your customer a 5% break if they pay you early. I have tried factoring with some of these guys and factoring companies work great in rare situations and good in some situations and ok the rest of the time. Look at it like this, you need the money and can't get it any other way than factor, and they see you coming. They are very selective and the other scary thing is these people place liens on your receivables. Once you relized what the big picture is with all these percentages they take and hold and refund and charge back you'll have a night mare you will never be able to dig out of. Problem number two is they now are responsible for collecting payment and are now hounding your customer for payment. I don’t know about you but the only person I want collecting money from my customer is me…… Just food for thought, I’ve been there done that and it’s not all they make it up to be. I think you should work really hard on finding a customer you can factor with. This is a much better option. The only way factoring is a good idea is if you are a truck driver. No dispute either you got there or you didn't. Too many variables in this business for factoring with some company other than the customer that understands your business.(beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #134943. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mJgF
Posted in reply to: Looking for Factoring companies by rick@osp
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Looking for Factoring companies ocffactor 9/1/2004 11:47:00 AM