Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: splicing hurricane charley

Umm...probably because I am not from Texas..? If there is someone in TX that can give you work to do 7 a day...more power to ya...if it was me...in TX..I would probably stay there...but as you may have noticed...a lot of these guys arent from TX. If you are...fine...stay there and work...if you arent...like the gentlemen above...then ignore the post if it doesnt apply to you.

Kind of reminiscent of why at times in years past I quit even looking at this site.

For those of you that it does matter to, there is just a lot of confusion down here. There is work around Orlando and Daytona and there are actually some motels there. But it is a price war between Mastec and TCS..we couldnt afford to work for either because the prices are so low. That is just us..some of you may be able to.

As far as on the Gulf Coast, according to what I understand, is that the power company and the residents that can afford it, have every motel within 1.5-2 hours of Port Charlotte. The MSO's there know that their systems are completely wiped out...come on, 2-3k poles gone...doesnt take a rocket scientist...we have been waiting for about 4 days for them to decide on prices...another meeting today...so.. They know that it is going to be a long drawn out process to rebuild it...but if you live there, the last thing on your mind is CATV. More important things like..electricity, water, ice, home, gas, family welfare, safety, etc...they arent worried about watching TV right now and the MSO knows that...hell, they live there. It is going to take time and there will be a lot of us camping out...hell, everyone I know is either camping in someones yard or they are sleeping in their trucks in a parking lot or someones yard, including some of the power crews..

But...if you can make 7 a day in TX...go do it...and leave the rest of us alone.

Ya'll have a good day...some of us will wait and "Git-er-done"

Rodney
SEMPER FI !!! (usa)
This is CABL.com posting #134403. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mI7X
Posted in reply to: Re: splicing hurricane charley by signal2
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: splicing hurricane charley DZW! 8/19/2004 6:49:00 PM
Re: splicing hurricane charley signal2 8/19/2004 11:28:00 AM