Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can You Guys End This Argument?

In a new build situation it is ALWAYS the builder of the strand who should be doing the bonding in some way.( 1st, and Last )The same way you must guy your runs at time of installation. Most power companies require bonding of some sort at time of installation. It is common practice to leave the middle bonds undone untill the cable crews come through and tighted the clamps.
In a retro fit enviroment using existing strand, you as the Pro splilcer should make sure it is complete. Active locations are a given it is the splicers job unless otherwise stated.
If bonding was not done in the old plant properly and you are doing an excessive bonding at non active locations weather it be Eols, continuity, I would ask for a price from the contractor or MSO and at the least GET SOMETHING ON PAPER as to who's responsibility it is if you are not doing them.
Before starting any splicing project I make sure I know as well as the MSO what the Specs are and who is responsible for what.You are a fool not to as Time = Money.(wink)

This is CABL.com posting #133218. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIOQ
Posted in reply to: Can You Guys End This Argument? by samtron2
There are 0 replies to this message