Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: opinions please

Sounds like your doing what any tech, anywhere USA does everyday to keep your system up. If your in charge and behind the eightball when things go wrong your in the $15 to $20 plus an hour range. Now, on call should pay $50 to $150 weekly even if you dont go out plus time worked on the call out. Ask the boss is he willing to sacrifice his nights and weekends to the company if your not getting this on call pay on top of your hourly pay. I know this sounds like alot of money but its well worth it to the system to have a responsable person available 24/7. I get called out several times a year by our 911 service at all hours of the night for lines down in road only to get there and find out its a phone drop! I usually put these back up if possible just to stay on good terms with the policeman on duty watching the road and to help out the phone man ,I hope he would do the same for me. Any person doing the type of work your doing with the responsibilities you have is worth this pay anywhere USA. I'll bet the owner of your system isnt poor is he or she? He or she got rich off of other people doing the day to day work keeping their systems up if they wont pay up find another job first then go in and negotiate your pay or move on.Good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #133171. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIN5
Posted in reply to: Re: opinions please by Chris13
There are 0 replies to this message