Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work

if dish network pays $25 for the primary, this industry has proven to me that the "installation company" will take all of it... and tell the techs to suck it up, because dish no longer pays. It's either that, or contract to Dish directly, which, as I am explained it, means that the installer has to buy all the receivers and dishes.

oh... the good companies will tell the techs that they get $10 extra for the primary, but I bet if you look hard... almost no money will get to the tech.

dish and dtv are trying so hard to advertise ***FREE*** install and techs are willing to do it... so they will keep abusing techs until no one wants to work. The true custom work, i.e. wall fishes, etc. should be billable to the customer, if explained that a free install has certain restrictions, any reasonable customer will agree. It's just that... the advertising says ***FREE***, the salesman says ***FREE*** so the customer hears ***FREE***

when a customer tells you that his 1 receiver install was sold as a free install, even though it fed 4 other televisions.... or... when a customer explained to the salesman that he wanted a jack fished behind his marble backsplash on his kitchen counter..... or, yet another... explained to the salesman that he wanted his wire hidden in moulding...... or that the 1 receiver install could be wired so that the customer could add the other receivers later.. (I have heard this one... up to 5 receivers.. yes, for free)

and they all were told it would be included in their free install.

I am all for a free standard install...

but, now they ask that phone jacks be installed for free (DTV) that we should include wireless phone jacks (DTV) that we, the installers, for our standard price, include multiswitches, tripods and pole mounts (DTV)... now dish wants us to include wall fishes, etc (i.e. no custom work ever)

I ask you...

who suffers the most????

1) The installer .... obvious reasons
2) The customer .. many techs will now tell the customer that they don't wall fish, or they don't have tripods... there will be many unhappy customers
3) The retailer .... with these unhappy customers, there will be more chargebacks on the way
4) Dish / DirecTV... with all the unhappy techs, and customers, they are letting the cable companies, with their all digital lineups and vod get their customers back
This is CABL.com posting #132454. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mICw
Posted in reply to: Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work by installdude
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work installdude 7/7/2004 2:39:00 PM
Re: Dishnetwork to stop paying 4 custom work TCOVINGTON 7/7/2004 1:59:00 PM