Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Interference on TV

you need to verify that the problem is not internal like splicer said use a alternate power source other than the subs to verify that the hum bar is being caused internally. if that is the case then technically you done your job and you can let the home owner decide if he wants to call a electrician to verify a problem inside the house! But like most of us techs we need to know!! heres what i have found hunting down humbars. and these are true,bad element on a electric stove that was fun actullay very lucky to find that one, bad ground on a tv set sending ac back thru drop actullay causing hum bars on dist, ive seen f(canada)aulty amps on dist causing hum bars ie tripple crown are the worst for that, the best was and again i am not kidding i chased this one down for 2 weeks every day because maint could not find it intermitent lots of fun a subs next door neighbour had those moonray lights that you put in your garden on a timer every day @6:00 pm hum bars thats when the timer came on bad ground in subs house ac feeding back to tap causing hum bars 60Cy put ac block on subs house good to go, last one that i can remember dimmer switch for lights. some times just try to listen inside the house for something to go on or off that may cause a intermitent hum bar thats how i found the arcing element. anyways good luck they are one of the best troubleshooting calls to find
This is CABL.com posting #131761. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIrl
Posted in reply to: Re: Interference on TV by copperjockey
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Interference on TV DAVIDZWURLD1 6/7/2004 10:36:00 PM