Create your free account now! Sign up

BEFORE YO DO ANY RETRO, TDR YOUR SYSTEM!!!

That's right!!! It will save you money and time, and your Client will be very happy with that.
What we are doing right now on our reports is getting the wave that shows the actual damage downloaded in to the computer. Then we name it (SPAN 1, etc) and make notes of what we have found ( a damage on the span at xxx feet, of return loss xxdb, etc ). A print out of each "damaged" span (wave)is attached to the report. The name of each "damaged span" is marked on the map for easy location.
We also include all actives data ( input and output levels, pad, EQ, AC, DC ), end of lines levels and AC level at EOL.
We always try to get the most accurate information on our reports so the people who make the decision on repairing or replacing the cable can "decide" more easily, more efficiently and much more "cost effectively".
The idea of getting all this info together is to help the designers and the people in charge of RETRO projects to prevent delays on their production due to damaged cable, and inconvenience to the customer. In other words, by doing this, your retro-splicing people will get in to an area to splice it
and get out of there on the same day. So they won't have to come back to re-splice after the new cables are in place, re-activate, or to eliminate "temporary" lines or actives, which all combine will represent a high price to pay, and believe me, your Client will be very happy with that.
If you know of someone that may be interested on subcontracting us to do this job, please let me know. I'll be very thankful.
My e-mail is (-REDACTED-)
This is CABL.com posting #13165. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mdAv
There are 0 replies to this message