Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: safety

Here is how the safety issue is subcontracted out.
Years ago I was hanging CATV for a company near Baltimore. Part of the system was UG and part up there in the air. One day I got WO that required a mid span to the new sub address. Any way I moved my 30" would end up vertical so I called the office and reported no job, send the in house bucket truck for the midspan.
The next day my work load was real light with the explanation that since I wasn't capable of working all the requirement s of the system I would be given lighter runs that would be safe for someone of my skill level. There were a lot of other issues with this company and I moved on to a new technology being offered called Primestar.
Months passed and I, with my ass intact, became a dish dawg. More months passed and I happened to read a local news account of a CATV installer comming down head first from a mid span installation on the same street I had visited.
No one forced me to streach my 30". The manager may not have been aware the span was too high for his spec. And the guy who died was probably not told to take risks if he wanted to keep eating. So, since nobody was at fault, everything was good, ok and according to spec.
Right?
Joe
(crazy)
This is CABL.com posting #131434. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIl4
Posted in reply to: Re: safety by danimal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: safety DONE RIGHT 5/28/2004 7:11:00 PM