Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mastec

I also agree with you cablepro. I work for MasTec and our locals are great at what they do and we do the stuff they aren't good at which is aerial construction... They know what to get us and keep us paid... no complaints about that. But I do think that these large companies buy certain parts of these jobs knowing they will lose money, and sometimes as a large corporation need to take a loss in some aspect.... My point is unless you have volume or are lucky enough to have a great contract you can't sit with one or two trucks and sub from these people and try to take the good with the bad.... Us small guys can't take losses by the quarter and or the year... So the only thing you or we can do in this market is diversify and put enough people in your market to absorb the bad times...Until these companies realize the national service contract is easy on the budget but killing the quality and reliability of their system. It's a matter of time until the changes will be made back to local market contractors so the you gotta ask yourself where will your company be???.... Hopefully that sub that is working hand in hand with that local guy who wants you instead of MasTec etc.....Just my opinion
This is CABL.com posting #131145. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mIhp
Posted in reply to: Re: Mastec by Wife of a cable guy
There are 0 replies to this message