Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any info on Mastec ?

I worked on three different Mastec upgrades as a splicing contractor. The three jobs sucked overall for a variety of reasons. Here are just a few : One reason is that Mastec tries to blow out the jobs too fast and hire way too many guys, and they are'nt organized well enuf to run the job , and each job was one continuous disoranized Chinese fire drill. Another reason is that the job supers play favorites with their " buddies " when handing out the work , and if they are under alot of pressure to get the job done , any big contractor that is running 5 or more splicers will be guaranteed first pick of the available work with the scraps left over for everyone else. Two of the jobs ( Philadelphia and Atlantic City ) were footage price with no retainage , but you had to wait 5 weeks to get paid , and the other job ( Bluefield, West Virginia ) was piece rate two weeks out with 10% retainage . I got my retainage back from them , but it was a real pain in the ass and required me to make about 100 phone calls over a period of three months ( no exaggeration). I do not recommend letting them hold retainage. I do not have anything good to say about Mastec from an Individual contractor point of view , so I will keep the rest of my numerous beefs with Mastec to myself. The only two good things I can say about Mastec is that some of thier inhouse staff were nice people , and that they do pay. They are a good place to work for if you are desparate for a job.(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #130224. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mH2y
Posted in reply to: Any info on Mastec ? by rockitman
There are 0 replies to this message