Create your free account now! Sign up

Bought used WaveTek CLI-1750, need StealthWare!

Greetings,

I'm a new cable guy, just started doing this the beginning of March - but I'm not new to RF; I was a radar systems/missile fire control technician on F-4J/S Phantom II's in the Marines back in the 70's. (bounce)

Was using an ancient BlonderTongue meter, recently bought a used WaveTek CLI-1750 for $830 - but it didn't come with the StealthWare software, and I'm having a tough time trying to figure out how to program channel plans, etc. just using the keypad. I downloaded the documentation from the Acterna website, but it doesn't really explain the channel plan programming very well, and I haven't had much time to mess with it.

I want to be able to plug it into my laptop, program it, and then after scanning an installation, download the data to the laptop and print reports using my Epson LQ-570 impact printer.

Where can I pick up a used copy of StealthWare at a reasonable price? (confused)

I'm just about broke now, I've spent a whole bunch of money getting all tooled up for this gig, and am not making much money yet because I'm pretty slow; average around 4-5 installs a day, and am seldom home before 10PM. I'm not slow because I stink at cable, I'm slow because I'm new at it, very meticulous, and hate to see sloppy work. I'm one of the very few people at my shop that has never been "dinged" by QA.

Also, I take the time to talk to my customers; find out if they're having any problems with there service, educate them about things like "minimum bend radius specifications." Seems that nobody takes the time to tell customers about stuff like that - the cable guy comes in, hooks up the TV on the dresser in their bedroom, says "Seeya!" and splits - then the customer moves the dresser back against the wall, bending the daylights out of the brand-new cable, turns on the TV and says to themself, "Boy, that cable guy sure stunk, look at this crummy picture!" (cussing)

Anyway, thanks for reading my post, and any helpful replies.

Be safe out there!

Steve
This is CABL.com posting #129770. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHVe
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Bought used WaveTek CLI-1750, need StealthWare CABLEGUY222 4/16/2004 7:49:00 AM
Re: Bought used WaveTek CLI-1750, need StealthWare cablepro222000 4/12/2004 11:11:00 AM