Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: can anyone help

Gas should always be in yellow pvc (not orange) A good project mgr or UG.mgr would be aware that situations like this existed. If this had occured on my job I would first and formost be sure my employee was ok and safe.(not fire him). Then I would find out how this was allowed to happen and be sure it would never happen again. Not one of us out there is bullet proof things happen but if you run a job you have a responsibility to run it safe.thats why we have weekly safty meetings. Every project is regulated by OSHA Every project should have an employee safety handbook. Every person working in underground should have a dig test handbook showing underground color codes. none of the above are going to change what happened to you.what will help is to talk to the other guys on the job and be more aware of whats going on on that site. as stated by some one else "NEVER CUT CONDUIT WITH A TORCH".That leeves you with some responsibility about 20% The rest belongs to who ever put you into that circumstance in the first place . As far as holding them responsible OSHA is a good place to start.I would also recomend you stay as far away from who ever put you there as you can so it doesent happen a second time.LOL
This is CABL.com posting #129058. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHJK
Posted in reply to: can anyone help by SHORTCIRCUIT60
There are 0 replies to this message