Create your free account now! Sign up

Adelphia stock up 28%

Speaking of Adelphia, it is up $0.12 cents, which equates to 28+%. I have been dabbling in it for several years and have made a couple thousand here and there (versus Classic which I lost the farm on), but with the clear understanding that the last buy-in could always go bust. If your "couple hundred" is truly mad money, as mine is in this case versus other more significant and therefore more necessarily secure investments, it is actually kind of fun to track the perils of the Rigas family and the current Adelphia regime.
Unfortunately, Scottrade requires a broker assisted trade, due to the volatility and high risk of this security which costs more and is less convenient so I can monitor and participate only sporadically as I come and go from my home based office throughout the day. They also don't allow limit orders out of a certain restricted upward range. Ameritrade or some other service may have a different policy.
If you want to jump in I recommend first using Google news search on a daily basis to start getting a feel for Adelphia mania. You can review company financials and filings all you want but this one is an emotional and news driven rollercoaster (similar to Martha Stewart's stock as of late) Be careful and have fun!
This is CABL.com posting #127797. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHpp
Posted in reply to: adelphia stock by hudini
There are 0 replies to this message