Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: adelphia stock

Great attitude Hudini!! Some of the other guys are right too about post bankruptcy emergence valuation. If I'm correct here and as stated by I believe JLPS, you'll need to time your jump into the IPO as soon as the floor opens.

The absolute only way that you're going to get in is to get hold of your Stock Broker (If you know of any that will serve your best interests) and continuously remind him/her to find out when the IPO gets released. Usually, this is the playground of the who's who and who has the inside scoop on such public offerings et al. Also don't forget that there is a reasonable chance that Adelphia will spin off some of their existing properties to generate additional cash to offset capital needs when they submit their newly generated loan applications etc.

I remember when Charter went IPO back around '97 or '98. I couldn't get in until the middle of the afternoon on the SECOND day of trading. By that time the value was in the high $Teens low $20's per share. It went up around $4-6 per share in one day.

Good luck,

"Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if not opened" <Frank Zappa>
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #127749. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHoD
Posted in reply to: Re: adelphia stock by Indian
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: adelphia stock Indian 3/7/2004 8:23:00 PM