Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: input on telephony thru cable

Telephony works good as long as the cable is in good condition, the splicers doing your upgrade are top notch (keep an eye on them and get rid of the hacks as soon as possible) and your installers are provided with the equipment and training to check and troubleshoot the drop wire. Noise on the system is your worst enemy, you have to keep the return fairly clean. One piece of advice I can give is to push for an ongoing sweep and ingress program, they are a must to keep the customer from hearing any problems on the system. If you are doing network powering try to use siamese coax/twisted pair drop wire so you have more flexability with levels at the NIU. If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer them. We've been doing network powered telephony for four years now and have learned a lot thru trial and error but I'm sure there is still much more to learn.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #126775. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mG8V
Posted in reply to: Re: input on telephony thru cable by rg whatever
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: input on telephony thru cable lastcall 2/19/2004 5:50:00 PM