Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: drop questions

You'll lose your butt in a hurry. You'll get 2 done per day - 3 if you have a good day. I'm assuming this is fairly rural? What's the drive time between jobs? Don't expect them to be all nice and close by, each one within a block of each other. You'll be running from one town to another because they don't want the bury workorder to get older then 5 days.

Paying 2 guys, the cost of the truck and machine, fuel, insurance, equipment maintenance, cell phone, damage complaints (You put a crack in my driveway - I demand you replace the entire driveway for $8000! or You cut my irrigation system - it's going to cost $1500 to repair it or I don't want grass seed - I demand you put sod down - then after you put sod down - The color of your sod doesn't match the colr of my lawn - I want it completely redone by the landscaping company of my choosing). Now with damage complaints, remember, the cable company will force you to do whatever the customer wants to get them off their backs. They don't care you don't have deep pockets. And don't think of sending these to your insurance company or they'll drop you like a hot potato. It doesn't matter how good a job you do, you'll always have a few of these complaints.

What about driveway bores? What will you use for them - a missile or bore rods?...... Don't even get me started.

Listen, son, don't be desparate and take the work. Ask for more $ or look else where.

Good luck to you!
This is CABL.com posting #126768. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mG8O
Posted in reply to: drop questions by cablenewbie
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: drop questions soa77 2/19/2004 9:56:00 AM