Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Amplifiers Line Extenders.....

No disrespect intended for anyone here but, Birdmans method is for "rough balancing" for splicer only.
If your desire is to balance accurately "similar to sweep balance" without the sweep?

BEFORE putting your meter on the outputs!

Check your actual input levels and varify you have the MIN. required input to calculate and give your MIN. inputs to your hybrid splitter!

Take desired "Tombstone design imputs" minus your SPECIFIC Amplifier MIN. Hybrid splitter input, Let's say it a SA - LE designed hybrid input of 22dBmv. ( Take your Tombstone input - your designed hybrid min. input = your desired input pad)
Tombstone imputs - MIN. hybrid imput = your input pad

NOTE: As Birdman indicated, your SA EQ's have a estimated value loss of about 1 - 1.5 dB loss. (There is a chart for these) BUT this has nothing to do with the input calculation!

ADDITION NOTE: If you have a required CS? You must now ad that in to the equation.
Tombstone input - MIN. hybrid input-CS value = input pad

If your balancing and you come to an input that brings you BELOW your required hybrid splitter input? STOP! Find the problem whether it be "design" amplifier spacing or a splicing, cable problem. Fix it BEFORE going forward.

YES, you quite possibly or likely have a interstage setup but "DO NOT CHANGE YOUR INPUT balancing once obtained!
Once you have obtained the proper input balance?
THEN put your meter on the proper output and balance the AMP.
Understand?
I'm sure I will catch some grief over this one so......................
I'm open for anyone who desires to correct me if I am wrong.
Mark A. Pickrell A Brother of the "Truth"! "Learn to Accept me or Learn to Ignore me"!
This is CABL.com posting #125554. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGPe
Posted in reply to: Amplifiers Line Extenders..... by strandmapper
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Amplifiers Line Extenders..... cableho 1/23/2004 2:12:00 AM
Re: Amplifiers Line Extenders..... Birdman 1/22/2004 8:09:00 PM