Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: amperage draw

The specification sheet(s) for the 6-GNA and 6-LE are listed in AC WATTS under power comsumption. Depending on if you are using ALSC or manual, 297 or 397 modules, 1 or 2-way will also effect the WATTAGE shown. I will list various applications with applicable WATTAGE. Note, all below figures include stations with the 5-LER return amplifier installed.

6-GNA297 manual 45-watts
6-GNA297 ALSC 48-watts
6-GNA397 manual 49-watts
6-GNA397 ALSC 52-watts
6-LE97 manual 21.8-watts
6-LE97 ALSC 23.4-watts

AC power consumption in WATTS divided by a factor of 43 = amps required. This factor of 43 is based on engineering studies of Philips power supplies.

The above information is from their catalog spec sheets.

The easier way is to utilize .6A for 2-way LE's and 1.5A for 2-way GNA's. This will vary depending on the specifics, but will get you in the "ballpark".

The AC Loop resistance of mentioned cables will need to be factored into your over-all distances and calculations subtracted from your AC power supply source voltage for proper voltage drop calculations along your plant design. This will give you AC voltaged along the maps using simple ohms law.

Note, you will be calculating TRUE-RMS voltage from a quasi-square wave source. If your AC voltmeter is a NON-TRUE-RMS meter, you will actually read about 7-VAC higher. That is why many AC supplies read 67-VAC. This is the error of the meter.

I do not have the loop resistances with me, but, if you access the Comscope or Trigiloy websites, you should be able to get this info.

Good luck!

Greg Tobin
(-REDACTED-)

This is CABL.com posting #125243. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGKd
Posted in reply to: amperage draw by cableperson
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: amperage draw Admin 1/14/2004 12:47:00 PM