Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How to keep the feet and head/face warm

I found over the years that keeping warm and staying dry in very cold weather were related. Drying your gloves etc on the defrosters is good, but don't use the "hot" gloves to work in. If they get too warm, your hands will start to sweat, and get cold that much quicker. Once they are dry, let them cool off outside or in your jacket's pocket, before using them. Your own body heat will warm them quiclkly and your hands will stay warm longer.
For your feet, an extra pair or two of dry socks always worked for me. My feet would sweat after working outside, then driving in the truck as the heater blew on them. Put a dry pair on just before going to lunch, you'll warm up quicker.
A ski mask, like the ones bank robbers use, always worked good for me. Again, keep a couple of spares in the truck and switch off as they become damp.
Overall, dress in loose fitting layers. A flannel shirt, and a vest under a hooded jacket works well because your arms are still relativley free to work.
One other tip; make sure you leave the ski mask in the truck when you cash your check.
This is CABL.com posting #124144. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGsu
Posted in reply to: How to keep the feet and head/face warm by blueduck
There are 0 replies to this message