Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Finding noise/ingress with SDA-500

OK Billy Boy, could you elaborate on using the SDA or Calen as a TDR? You stated (in your word's, not mine) "You can take the frequency markers of the sda or calen times them buy a # and get the footage to the problem." Let's say the SDA 5000 is connected to port 2 at the node. On this particular port a spike is observed at 17 mhz that is very high in amplitude. You can move the marker to 17 mhz, multiply by a number, and get the footage to the problem? The transmission is 1500 miles away, the offending signal is entering the system one block, or one mile away. What's the remaining mathematical part's of the formula to use the spectrum analyzer mode as a TDR. C'mon man this is absolute stupidity. One other thing Billy Boy, I must say I have been confused for many moon's. I have been under the impression that higher value tap's, and the high loss side of directional coupler's offered the best source of isolation agains't ingress. Well Billy Boy, I guess it's time to set the B.S. to the side. In your little system, do you have a answer for everything? You know, the manager, or some installer ask you a question, and you have some off the wall answer for everything? I bet you do, and I bet they think of you as a god in the system. If this is the case perhaps you should hang up the hook's, and become a used car salesman. (dizzy)
This is CABL.com posting #123479. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGhL
Posted in reply to: Re: Finding noise/ingress with SDA-500 by Bill003
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Finding noise/ingress with SDA-500 Bill003 11/24/2003 11:13:00 PM