Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Designer considering going independent

Anthony and Henderson

Been there and doing that right now. I know what you're going through. Trust your instincts and have no regrets. There is four of us building a start up design company and we've been forced to turn down jobs in order to make sure we meet the deadlines.

Waiting for the "Big" contract is a necessary evil, especially if you're supporting others. On the other hand a sizeable contract will probably have deadlines you can't do alone. Send me an email and I'll help if I can. We are looking for independants like yourselves.

Good luck
(-REDACTED-)

>Hi Anthony...I know your dilemma. I'm trying to set up as a design contractor myself...got a nice home office with hardware and software, but I'm having a real hard time letting go of the day job designing for the local MSO. ( I guess not having enough contract income is a good reason! ) Email me at (-REDACTED-) if you'd like to exchange ideas.
>
>>I'm currently employed as an HFC\RF designer. I've worked on a variety of new, rebuild and upgrade projects throughout the U.S. I'm considering becoming an independent contractor. Can anyone give me any information on work availability, licensing if necessary, typical pricing, etc. Other than the obvious, I don't know if I'm better off remaining on a company payroll or working for myself. I guess it depends on what sort of response this note generates. Thanks in advance.
>>
>
>
This is CABL.com posting #12295. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mdmt
Posted in reply to: Designer considering going independent by Anthony
There are 0 replies to this message