Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are you getting paid what your WORTH?

you are so full of ****. first of all, you arent 'knocking down 1800 per week'

if you say you are, you are a liar. once in a blue moon you may be able to, but not consistently.

2nd thing is that both CATV and Sat. installers do not deserve to make 1500 per week, unless working 6-12's or more. thats not drive time, office time or lunch.

Cable Installers can be trained in 2 weeks. no high school diploma, no college exp. or anything. just a truck. so for someone to say that they deserve to make that kind of cash is ignorance to market conditions. sure, we all had our hayday back in the day making money, but those days are gone, what you will see in the future is all cable companies will sub out all but admin to contractors. this is why the prices are being driven down to an acceptable price. everyone I know would sacrifice thier invoice prices for a guarantee of many years on the job site, including me.

(by the way, I do believe that short-term construction should be pricey, as it requires temp people. thats a diff. story)

3rd thing is that the only people being QC'd are the subs of subs. when was the last time dtv or dish did a qc? or verinet, pegasus or anyone else? (continued)
This is CABL.com posting #121160. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mFGm
Posted in reply to: Re: Are you getting paid what your WORTH? by J.C.OFCSS
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Are you getting paid what your WORTH? cablemn86 11/5/2003 3:00:00 PM
Re: Are you getting paid what your WORTH? cablemn86 10/31/2003 3:33:00 PM
Re: Are you getting paid what your WORTH? Sierra Comm. 10/25/2003 10:31:00 PM