Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: S/A 55Mhz Feed-Fwd AGC Pad Selection

Been a while, so if I remember this correctly, first you need to know which AGC module you are using and then pad it based on the pilot channel level at the main output.
For example, let's say you are setting the amps at 38db at 550, with an 8 db tilt. Set your output in manual, then read the level at your pilot frequency. In this example, it would probably be about 36db. If you are using a 29db AGC module, you would need a 7db AGC pad. Switch the amp to automatic mode, let it set for a few seconds, and tweak it back to the desired 38db output using the "gain control" on the AGC module. Next switch it back to manual, wait about 15 seconds, and switch it back to AGC. The levels should not change.
As a further test, you could change your input pad value [up and down] by a couple of db. The output level should jump slightly, but settle right back to 38. This confirms the AGC has the range it needs and the AGC pad value is correct.
Like I said, I haven't messed with amps in the field for a while, so I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.
This is CABL.com posting #114343. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mDUp
Posted in reply to: S/A 55Mhz Feed-Fwd AGC Pad Selection by Cablebeav
There are 0 replies to this message