Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: LOL! good reply

Good luck, but the contracting end of cable does not treat a female any better. I could help you out in the pricing of the construction end but the installs I have no idea. Being a female in the cable industry I have to keep proving my self over and over again. I have earned tons of respect from those I work with for some time, but then being a female they feel my place is in the office not the field. My desire is to be in the certification and I had the opportunity to do this for a short time and loved every minute of it. But some how they still managed to get me behind the desk again. I really don't mind doing it but the final straw that made me ask them to lay me off was that I was doing one project and took care of what they had three male persons doing on another project. Their excuse was that it was a bigger project. But that does not explain the difference in pay other then they are male and I am a female. To me this is discrimination! Only one of the three knew what he was doing. The other two talked on the phone all day on personal calls and/or played game on the computer. If you asked them any thing they knew nothing.
The kicker was the closest one's pay to mine (this is one that only had been doing it for only one year) I had 6 years in He was making six dollars an hour more than I was. So if you add all three of them together they were paying out close to 60 dollars more an hour for the same work I was doing myself. Talk about overhead!!!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #110348. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCRY
Posted in reply to: Re: LOL! good reply by Cablegirl163
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: LOL! good reply cablchik 6/26/2003 11:58:00 AM