Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Realistic spec?

id have to agree with 1farmer. a little more info needed to truly estimate p/v specs. is that 3.5 on the forward piriod reguardless of cascade? a major issue is the type of passives your using.
what kind of splicing was done, quality or hacked? what type of cable like is it an old retro job that the cables been hanging for 20 years? p1 p3 there are a lot of variables.
assuming no trims, old plant, maspro or sa stretch taps or mag, crap, crappy splicing, id say you would have a hard time meeting 3.5 db p/v across the board. are you running with a node reference? or 1st active out? are you getting reflections off the node on your forward sweep that looks like rolling hills on your high band or have you been using a in line 10 pad on your forward lead? never swept that combination of gear before myself but id say that if you have gainmaker mixed in there on old retro plant and expected to hold a 3.5 all the way to the eol your in trouble. as far as amps go 4 in cascade id think you could meet those specs depending on a lot more info than i have. well hope i helped answer your question, if you add some more information there are some good sweep techs on here who can help you out im sure. good luck

This is CABL.com posting #108661. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCqL
Posted in reply to: Realistic spec? by tech578
There are 0 replies to this message