Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Incorporating ?

All I have read here is good advice!
My mother-in-law happens to be my CPA. I incorporated a biz this spring. Cost was $525 for everything. As for the yearly meetings, that should be something you can do yourself (my attorney instructed me how to) it only requires a few things.
There are a few things my attorney and my CPA stressed to me. They both are in reguard to the "corporate veil" that protects you personally from liability. First, if you are the pres. you should conduct all biz from that platform. My attorney said I should never sign a document (contract) with out my title, Joe Blow pres. Cable King. The other is from my CPA and it deals with how you treat your money. For instance an ATM/Debet card on the biz account could be a no-no. If there is ever an instance of BIG BROTHER doing an investigation there should be a clear delineation between you and the "corporation". DONT STICK YOUR HANDS INTO THE COMPANY KITTY UNLESS YOUR CPA ADVISES YOU EXACTIALLY HOW TO DO THIS (petty cash account etc.) For you to have liability protection the corporate veil must remain unbroken.
Good Luck.

As with advice from all Attorneys and CPAs, follow the example of Ronald Regan, TRUST, BUT VERIFY!!! (that goes for this reply also)
The FATDADDY(bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #106750. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBVW
Posted in reply to: Re: Incorporating ? by One Eyed Jack
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Incorporating ? One Eyed Jack 5/25/2003 2:33:00 PM