Create your free account now! Sign up

Don't look back

The problem with this industry is that people keep working for sub-standard prices and as long as there is some hack out there willing to work for those prices. Sub par primes that aren't primes getting contracts with no revenue to cover invoicing from subs because of who they are married too, or whose mother is on the city council. I won't even go to the area of contractors working because of the kickbacks they are handing to MSOs project supervisor. The MSOs really don't care about the quality of their system they just want to get the upgrades and rebuilds completed so they can up their pricing to the customers and generate revenue for themselves. As long as these MSOs have no local competition, they will continue to lower prices until they no longer can find anyone at all. The MSOs have very little to be concerned about. The cities where MSOs have franchise agreements are allowing them to be delinquent on their upgrade deadlines with no penalty. Why??? #1 Noone with the city would have a job if cable service for a whole city was cut off. #2 The MSOs contribute megabucks to sponsor city functions. Have you ever seen how many cable companies are multi-million dollar sponsors of local events? The only way things will change is if more than MSO enter the city and create some competition.
I have been in this industry for the last 16 years and I decided about 2 months ago that it isn't worth it anymore. The rising costs of insurance, fuel, travel, and room make this once excellent industry a complete nightmare.
So I've put my house on the market, cancelled all my insurances, and filed for unemployment for the first time in my 35 years. Starting over seems like the best option. The cable indusrty had been good to me, maybe again in the future.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck to all of you wading in the sh**. I hope things go the other direction. Stay on them sticks and be safe. (smokin)
This is CABL.com posting #106280. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBOm
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Don't look back onlycatv 5/28/2003 11:53:00 AM
Re: Don't look back Bill003 5/22/2003 9:33:00 AM
Re: Don't look back hillbilla 5/22/2003 8:22:00 AM
Re: Don't look back the busdriver 5/16/2003 12:49:00 PM
Re: Don't look back goingbrokedawg 5/12/2003 12:59:00 PM
Re: Don't look back cablchik 5/12/2003 12:38:00 PM