Create your free account now! Sign up

Smile

As I mentioned in my "Reflection" post, we are upgrading S.A. station II amplifiers/LE's from 550 to 750. Looking at the sweep, it would appear that the extreme band edges are not being attenuated, creating a rather significant smile. Its somewhat manageable on cascades of 4 actives or less, but beyond that the peak to valley gets way out of spec.The AGC would appear to be the main culprit. I've seen three different styles of AGC. Two of them seem to do the exact same thing and that is make a noticable smile at the first trunk out. The third style AGC is a lot better, but you can still see signs of the signature beginning. We've tried putting thermal EQ's in the 1st trunk station out and that seems to knock down the high end signature, but not the low. If the cascade is going to be more than four, than we will put an AGC in the 3rd active off of the node. Has anyone else run into this kind of problem and if so how did you deal with it. Is there a trim network we can install to flatten out the edges and if so , where can they be found. I realize you may need more info to help with this problem so feel free to ask. If I do not reply right away it is because I don't have access to the computer M-Th. Once again, any help would be appreciated. (smile)
This is CABL.com posting #104232. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBhk
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Smile freq! 4/18/2003 8:18:00 PM
Re: Smile cableho 4/18/2003 1:44:00 PM
Re: Smile scarecrow 4/18/2003 10:30:00 AM