Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Info Needed On Sidewalk Bores

Before you follow through on any of these so-called quick and easy solutions for your sidewalk bores , I would suggest you double check the specifications required by the cable company pertaining to the minimum depth for the bores they are going to pay for . It will only take one Q.C. person ( with a hair/head in it's wrong place ) and you will either be repeating a lot of work , or being backcharged on each bore that fails . I have been a sub , and have worked in-house , and have seen this happen to others quite often , over the years . You failed to mention the amount of work , or the rate of the piece work , so , it would be quite difficult to suggest to you the most cost-effective , or productive solution to your problem . The cheapest and least destructive suggestion is to use a ground rod and a sledge hammer , BUT , " THIS IS NOT WITHOUT EXTREME DANGER !!! " There is always the possibility of current carrying wires , or other utilitys buried/protected under the structure . There is the possibility of metal shards flying from striking the rod and hammer together . Be sure you are working with good locate tickets and have contacted property owners and grounds,physical plant personnel to accertain the location of any " private lines " . Wear long sleaves and pants , and all necessary protective gear , in this case , the mininum would be eye protection and gloves . Dog the appropriate entry and recieveing pits on the sides of the sidewalk . You can fabricate a tool very easily that will assist you in keeping the rod " on-plane " . Like I mentioned , their are various other solutions available , but , I will not take the time to go into detail without the parameters of your job/task at-hand . If you require further advice , or wish to discuss the proper solution to your present situation , please feel free to contact me 24/7 . Just click on my user name , and , the contact information should be provided to you . If unable to do that , just reply to your own message . I review the complete cabl bar rigorously ! Hope I have pointed you correctly towards your goal . Please heed the DANGER WARNINGS !(director)(skull)(thumbup)(idea)(nod)(nono)(wave)(spin)(sunny)
This is CABL.com posting #103853. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBbd
Posted in reply to: Info Needed On Sidewalk Bores by 3guysCable
There are 0 replies to this message