Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who is the prime in Colorado?

I have heard the same that CCG and Mastec are the only primes being awarded work in Denver. I am currently in Denver at the moment working for a "prime" . The company is called Voice Video Data. I also have a good buddy working with another company Southwest Communications, Inc. I also know of another "prime" working up in the mountains.
You can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. There seems to be alot of work, but noone wants to get it done. We have 1 more day of splicing in our last Denver node. We are supposed to then start on some of the mountain communities, but we were told that 3 months ago and they still don't have prints for even the fiber run (9 miles).
I have been speaking with a couple of subs and they say Mastec and CCG have only been working 2-3 days a week. I know the pricing is between .27 and .30 . Depending on who you talk to that is an all inclusive price (verticals, ground rods, filters, drop fittings, straight splices, power supplies, on call, and hours). I think Mastec was paying a little piece rate, because the footage downtown is horrible with mass drops to swap.
I have talked to Mastec, a gentleman named Bruce Kelly, and I was told that Mastec has more splicers than work. CCG has yet to return any phone calls.
One last item before I leave. Be very careful who you sign on with around here. There is a "gentlmans agreement" around here that if you leave a "prime", you must wait 60 days before starting to work for another, or get the prime you want to leave to call the prime you want to work for and ok the switch. So choose wisely.
That is about all I know, sorry some is hear say. Have a good one.
Rod Mayeaux
This is CABL.com posting #100821. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mAoj
Posted in reply to: Re: Who is the prime in Colorado? by highlander
There are 0 replies to this message