Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: optec1

10-4! Check your e-mail. Thanks.

> Yeah, sounds like this prick (Mark Pickrell) has been doing this kind of CRAP!!! for quite a few years now!!! I just happened to do a search for his name on the BAR and came up with more posts than I had time or cared to read (almost all negative). Just wish I would had done it before I hired him, could of saved my self a lot of time and troubles.
>
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> Tony
>
>
>
>
> > Geeeeez, you'd think that you would've learned by now Pickrell?!?! Here you are AGAIN, causing problems, just like you have your whole career. Is this latest episode going to bring about your NEXT retirement??!! That would have to be at least the third retirement just in the last couple of years for you.
> >
> > GET OUT AND STAY OUT!!
> >
> > :-)
> >
> >
> > > Hi Mark Pickrell of MNM Satellite Comm.
> > >
> > >
> > > This is Tony Long w/Optical Technologies. I should have known that you would come to this point and just so you know, I will post one reply to this and one reply only. This is not a game I play but I should have known that it is one you are a prime canidate for.
> > >
> > > The way this whole thing played out is: I hired Mark on Thursday and told him I would pay him .15/ft not .18/ft in-house for a retro project, (Same as I pay the rest, I think that's a pretty fair price for 90% street, in-house and yes, it's composite)
> > > I needed a bucket picked up in NE and told him I would pay his way up, put him up in a motel there and pay his way back and pay his way back to where he started and for the expense to get my truck to job sight.
> > >
> > > Well that sounded just fine to Mark but Mark was a little strapped for cash to set up camp at the job sight, so he thought he might need $450.00 to pay camp sight rent for his camper when he gets to the job sight and the sucker that I am (when will I ever learn, everyone wonders why employer's are so hard to get an advance out of, this is why!!!) So, needless to say I gave him the $450.00 and I do have a payroll "D" for it (not that I will ever see it, due to the fact, that I don't even want it. I felt it would be cheaper in the long run, to eat the cash, cut my losses and walk away from the whole thing) So Mark, you don't owe me a thing!!!
> > >
> > > Then on Saturday, Mark calls me and say's he can't get to the job sight because he has two vehicles of his own along with two trailers and only has two drivers (like I know what the hell he has to move of his personal stuff (never was mentioned when we made the deal) so Mark & Marty call back and appoligize for WHINING!!! (their words not mine) and he assured me that they will on the job sight Monday morning ready to work, well Monday rolls around and no Mark, he had too much stuff of his own to pack up and could'nt make it as of yet and oh yea, as Mark was trying to load his generator with the boom of my bucket truck, it just started spewing hydrolic fluid all over (OK, think what you want but I didn't blame him for it, I told him to get to job sight and we'll put it in the shop, sometimes those dame bucket trucks blow hoses).
> > >
> > > well finaly, Mark makes it to the job sight but does-not have a bucket to work out of, so now Mark is pissed off because he can't get in the field and wants his reciepts paid for the trip down (gas receipts for his vehicles, lunch for him and his wife at home packing on sunday and some other misc. items, well I even paid him for the personal vehicle but boy that lunch reciept with tip $4.00 really pissed me off--(principle thing), no I didn't pay that one.
> > >
> > > Well the final blow!!! Is when him and his wife went to the Best Western and demaded my supervisors room to talk about this reciept thing and of course the motel would not give out the room #, Mark lost his temper so bad, him and his wife were removed from the motel by the staff. Of course the motel staff was so upset, they called the system who contacted me and Mark was NO MORE!!!
> > >
> > > END OF STOREY!!! This whole thing is sad to say the least, I was not even going to reply to this post until I saw some people were believing it, at this point I have pulled my AD from the Bar!!! this whole Bar was a GREAT IDEA when it started but has been ruined by people like this!!! So as if any one wants to believe this crap (that's their choice) An to any employer's take my advise and steer clear of this one, more trouble than he's worth even with his 25 yrs of being a cable profesional (what ever)!!!
> > >
> > > And like I said this will be the only reply you get to this mark, the next reply will be from my attorney!!!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tony
> > >
> > > > Let see here people!
> > > > He's offering a bucket truck that is a rust bucket and is broke down most the time!
> > > > He say's he'll pay you .18 cpf but once you get on the job site that will change!
> > > > He offer's everything in the world to get you on the job but changes things when you get there!
> > > > The job "scope of work" is not just splicing!
> > > > You have to change all fittings, place 5/13 filters with jumper, splice a lot of straight splices for nothing and you only get runs! Not Nodes! You share the Node with a guy that takes the good running!
> > > > Oh and the project mananger & his wife are "LIARS" also!
> > > > Lets see, did I cover everything??????
> > > >
> > > > Don't you just hate it when people get you to move your whole life and LIE to you?????????(nono)
> > > >
> > > > > Currently seeking at least two in-house splicers for retro project in southern Colorado ASAP. 90% street running with decent span footage. Pay is on footage base.
> > > > >
> > > > > I will provide bucket, meter ,insurance, ect..., you provide your own hand tools. We offer benefits after 90 days (health insurance, ect...) or you can work in-house with your vehicle at higher rates.
> > > > >
> > > > > Please contact me for details and rates, (can call until 7:00pm GMT)
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > >
> > > > > Tony Long
> > > > > Optical Technologies, Inc.
> > > > > Off: (307) 778-4054
> > > > > Email: (-REDACTED-)
> > > > >
> > > > >
This is CABL.com posting #85819. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwul
Posted in reply to: Re: Damn Pickrell!! by FiberDood
There is 1 reply to this message