Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Return problem with G.I. gear.

Brent,
Joe50 is right about the roll-off between 6Mhz-5Mhz not being much of a problem due to this area not being used, and in fact can actully help a little by reducing the amplitude of unwanted noise and voltage power in that area from hitting the return TX. I assume you are working for a company that is including this area in their P/V requirements and is causing some problems for you.
More than likely the problem you are experiencing is not with the GI amps but from their passives. If you look at your responses, you will not see this roll-off until the signal passes through any low value taps, i.e...14 and below. This effect is also cumlative and will get worse the more low value taps the signal goes through. SPL's and DC's will cause this to a lesser degree.
This problem is not exclusive to GI gear and be careful because other problems can cause this but usually to a greater extent and will usually start at 10 Mhz, i.e. connector problems.
If you need documentation for this to show someone, it is in their spec book RD-18, and possibly earlier versions.
Hope this helps. Gary Muth 860-614-7488
This is CABL.com posting #72337. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msYT
Posted in reply to: Return problem with G.I. gear. by got.tilt
There are 0 replies to this message