Create your free account now! Sign up

TWC Rates

A few years back I hired a sub to come install 5,000 ft of siingle 2" conduit for $6.00 per foot, $450 per vault, etc.. (Decent Rates) The sub was extremely grateful I turned out to be a man of his word, If I told you I would pay you every Friday at 5pm with a smile, you would get a check at 5:00pm with nothing less than a grin.  

My current Prime Contractor, whom I have worked with for over 3 years now, hasn't had any large or even small projects in my area or within reasonable driving distance for 3-4 months now. So I've waited and upon doing so my funds have run low. I make some calls and my old sub tells me he's doing great now, he just bought a used 5th wheel RV and dropped $20 grand to renovate it, he just picked up a new BMW and he says I should come work for him and bring my drill to town. He can pay me weekly and I can make some good quick bucks.

This guy tells me; "Bring your drill down here, we'll put you to work tomorrow and I can only pay $3.50 per ft, but you dont need to hire any labor, we take care of all that you just drill and pull back product. You'll make good money, dont worry."

I drive 7 hours, get to the site and he tells me to make calls cause there's no labor available for me. I hire a few guys, one which is "his friend" and then I ask him on Thursday if he's going to have a check for me tomorrow and he says "sorry I don't even know which project your working or any of the details pertaining to it. I'm going to need to invoice the work out and according to my contract you should get paid the following Friday." Now, when he worked for me come Friday I had a check for him, irregardless of the footage. He told me "I can pay you $3.50 per foot, No labor is needed, Ill stroke you a check every week" those were the terms of our agreement. I told him I would pay him every week and I did. Now he's not honoring what he told me and I need to find out what the rates are down there so i can get a contract direct with his Prime and forget all this bs. No One Works for $3.50 a foot, the only person doing work for those rates are concerned with INS and being deported. I do not fall into that category.

Can anyone here give me an IDEA what TWC is paying in the Richmond VA area?

This is CABL.com posting #368045. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHUn
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: TWC Rates MicroMan 10/21/2015 11:01:32 AM
Re: TWC Rates mulletcutter 10/20/2015 9:01:40 PM