Create your free account now! Sign up

Satellite contracting ??, Dish-DTV-Exide

What am I missing about all these ads???
I keep seeing $1800-2500 a week.
Then when I contact them, they tell me 2-3 jobs a day at 70-10, 80-15???
Then AFTER I went to my 1st interview and filled in all their paperwork, he tells me I have to purchase cable, connectors, ground rods, blocks etc etc from them out of my pocket???

I've been a CATV contractor since '88 retire young when my wife was ill, and now bored out of my mind.
Just looking for something to stay busy, now that I'm alone.
Contacted a few old customers and they would love to have me back, but they require 5-9 guys or no contract.
So a buddy mentioned all these satellite guys looking for actual experianced contractors???

I don't see how the hell they even gross $1800 a week, no way $2500.
Too be honest I have always been reimbursed for anything we bought, and was not expecting this kind of deals???
I was thinking if the young guys are neting those numbers I could fine someone to let me work 4 days, 2 jobs per day just to get out of the house.
At $640 per week and I have to buy all those supplies, I can't even afford to keep the business open.

Sorry for getting long, just wondering what I'm missing, what I'm not understanding???
Does anyone make $1800-2500??? If you do, how and how much are you netting???

Thanks guys.
This is CABL.com posting #367152. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbHFY
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Satellite contracting ??, Dish-DTV-Exide chicago splicing 7/5/2015 5:22:31 PM
Re: Satellite contracting ??, Dish-DTV-Exide michael101874 7/4/2015 10:04:51 PM
Re: Satellite contracting ??, Dish-DTV-Exide EshoreJoe 6/28/2015 8:50:28 PM