Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Jerrold/GI Starline BTN-M Node info

You hit the nail on the head.  Any linear distortions have been addressed by normal repairs and maintenance (reflections, grounding, proper ratings of power,etc...)  I have identified several node locations where I have referenced the RX output at the node and laser in the hub/headend and comp the tilt/levels 7db in my case because of digital carriers at the high tilt channel 121.  My response is questionable and if adjustments do not help, it becomes a swap of the node mod.  I just hate to take an entire node down to find the response is now just as bad in another area of the spectrum because of similar mod issues and customer services were affected for next to nothing gained.  These response issues do not affect customer services but they can be corrected to help any issues that may arise in the future.  I am just trying to prove that what has been accepted as "It's just old crap" or "That's as good as it gets".  Customers deserve more than that.  Thankfully we have been actively segmenting these to new gear but they are still out there.  Thanks again.
This is CABL.com posting #361910. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGjq
Posted in reply to: Re: Jerrold/GI Starline BTN-M Node info by Buffalo Chips
There are 0 replies to this message