Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Magnavox amplifiers

Peter, I believe the amplifiers you are in question about are the older "MAINSTATION" units. (5T, 6T and 8T*** units). Depending on what model and version you have this will vary. There is normally (in most versions) an internal DC12 within the trunk amp module. This feeds a "bridger attenuator" (in some versions) that must be accounted for. Next, you have a built-in 2-way splitter in the motherboard that is common to both the AGC/ASC and the Bridger inputs. Add these losses to obtain your "coupled" trunk output testpoint at the AGC/ASC (5-CC or 6-CC) port. This will vary depending upon what is in the passive path. -16 is without any bridger pad (jumper only). Note that the -30 TP on the motherboard is RESISTIVE and will cause wicked reflections if you have a close splice or passive. This is NOT a place to sweep from!!!! PS- I was a FE for Philips/Magnavox......if you need more info feel free to e-mail me at: (-REDACTED-) Good luck, Greg Tobin

>Seem to be having a problem with the test point compensations of these amplifiers. I have been told there are -30 and -22dB test points. Is that true? And, is the AGC test point -14 0r -16dB? Peter.
This is CABL.com posting #35939. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjvP
Posted in reply to: Magnavox amplifiers by Peter
There are 0 replies to this message