Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Budget sweep/ingress gear

Thanks for the replies so far! 

They are small rural systems, cover around 200 square miles each. Really wouldn't guess at the line footage. 

From what I've been able to find a lot of people seem to really like the Calan stuff, so that's where I'm at right now. I was just gonna pick up the stuff from a reputable seller off ebay most likely. Just wanted to check and see if any horror stories would pop up before I put too much time into getting something together. 

I've got 2 of the 860dspi meters. Bought them for the modem and the MER/BER stuff for digital. They don't have any options other than the modem. They're ok but I'm not really impressed. The basic spectrum analyzer has come in handy for sure! I'm just so used to the analog stuff I guess. I get annoyed waiting for it to boot up just to check a level. I know I can get the sweep and ingress functionality from it, but the Calan setup is much cheaper and there are more people familiar with the Calan gear than Trilithic to ask when I do have questions/problems which I'm sure there will be plenty! 
This is CABL.com posting #354693. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEq1
Posted in reply to: Re: Budget sweep/ingress gear by cabledad
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Budget sweep/ingress gear Joe50 6/9/2013 4:30:47 PM
Re: Budget sweep/ingress gear cabledad 5/14/2013 11:11:16 PM