Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: If we are truly contractors shouldn't we turn

The IRS ss-8 determination form is the answer to this abuse of the "contracted" installer. So simple one page form to fill out and mail but so hard to do for many of you.

If I am a true bonofide contractor, that makes they guy paying me, my customer/client.  He  (my client) solicits install services on the cable bar regularly. Why then since 1996 that this blog has been up has nothing changed??????? over and over again, year after year, we hear the same old rants and crying but nothing happens and you people keep taking these jobs like an employee and not charging these fucking middleman crooks a deposit? They charge us a deposit before we even start! they even sell us freaking tools! we are the bottom feeders when we should be the top of the food chain!

So how the hell did we get into this predicament? 

If you wanted the services of an attorney, you have to pay the attorney up front in most cases. The lawyer is self employed too just like us. If the lawyer was to perform services for me on a contingent basis, then he would have some type of security that he will get paid or else he won't take suck work. If he messes up, guess what? I fire him or get rid of him. The lawyer is not likely to screw one guy out of his money for a temporary gain or satisfaction right? He wants to keep getting customers and revenue in the future so he keeps doing a great service.

Same shit with installers. The MSO needs our professional services. Without us they are nothing. They need to start treating us like real contracted professionals. Pay up a deposit and secure our services like any other business operates.

I'm pretty sure we can make a difference starting here in this forum by filling out that IRS ss-8 form and contacting that lawyer advertisement banner that appears on this website for 1099 worker or employee.

Anyhow, let me relax. I am getting worked up on my day off. I would like to see this industry change in my lifetime before I die. We got to see a black president in our lifetime and that was pretty impossible, now how come we can't change this situation of the professional installer????  are you kidding me?
This is CABL.com posting #338003. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbz5P
There is 1 reply to this message