Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: All Cable and Satillite Techs should unite for

Ive been self employed most of my life and not mostly in this business......suddenly you find yourself getting a little older and you maybe didnt make the greatest financial decisions in life but you still gotta work.....I never had workmans comp or health insurance and I was macho about that and steadfast anti union....but the things that are happening in this country nowadays are trending toward corporations and workers are not enjoying the american dream....its to bad they couldnt find some sort of happy medium between employer and employee....I do think goverment and unions have gone overboard on demands put on employers to pay benifits.....but you should have some sort of social safety net because you never know when your health might fail or you have an accident at work and are unable to work anymore ....and initially thats what unions were all about .....but when I see union workers on strike and they make 80 grand a year plus benifits it isnt hard to understand why they want that gone....and the people who are non union hate that because they make so much less than their union counterparts..so I dont know where I stand on that.....But its always the greedy employer that screws up the whole deal....If the employers would pay a little better and did things without the goverment forcing them to do it you might never need a union

My brother has a job and they started him at 10 bucks an hour....the very day obama signed the healthcare bill into law the owner of the company cut everyones pay 10 percent and claimed the company wasnt making any money....so now they gave him a raise and he is making 10 bucks an hour again and has been working there for 2 years....and since he needs a job there isnt much he can do about that 
This is CABL.com posting #332097. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbyyz
Posted in reply to: Re: All Cable and Satillite Techs should unite for by wireteam
There are 0 replies to this message