Create your free account now! Sign up

Tribute to Dannie Russell

For those of you that knew Dannie through his line of work is a fraction of what this man is entirely made of.  With the many calls and services that have been provided for myself and our boys throughout the Appomattox communtity have been a god send.  With personal heartfelt calls from the running canidate for the VA House of Delegates to Dannie's personal cardiologist at the University of VA.  So many knew Dannie for who and what he stood for.  Our boys are highly recognized for their academics and muscial and stage talents.  Something that Dannie is so very proud of.  I'm sure some of you heard him speak of them often in the highest regard. I have been a rock beneath my husband for the past nineteen years, today our anniversary.  We met June 4th, married June 4th(Dannie would not have it any other way...the date that changed our lives)  And, now he leaves me on the day we both shared significantly within our hearts.  Dannie chose me to mother his children and to be his wife.  I feel honored for this as I know he had great trust in my heart and great trust that no one would be better suited to carry on his life through his sons.  Andrew Daniel and Rhett Daniel, named after my father and theirs.  Rhett very much his dad, is a comedian and has no fear of the stage.  Through all this ordeal for the entirety of his 4th grade school term, he managed to get A's in all subjects for his final grades for this school year.  It was Dannie's choice that I stay home to navigate our sons educations, as we both felt they needed me at the helm for their extreme talents in the arts and academics.  Andrew will be heading to the University of Montana for an Achievement Mentoring Summit at the end of June.  Only 150 of the nations top rising seniors were invited to this summit upon recognition of their ability and potential. The entire month of July he will be on the island of Guadeloupe in the French West Indies for his french studies and 95 hours of service work.  Then, in August he will head to Johns Hopkins University for a gathering with his cohorts with the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, where Andrew has held a scholarship since 8th grade. Andrew is a talented pianist and harpist.  Dannie is so proud of Andrew and Rhett as I often heard about how much he bragged on his boys.  Just so you know, we have shared him with whom he thought of as his second family...his lineman family.  His career was very much a part of him.  Thank you for caring for all of us.  God Speed
This is CABL.com posting #328655. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxE3
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Tribute to Dannie Russell cableho 6/6/2011 12:51:48 AM
Re: Tribute to Dannie Russell allenfjones 6/5/2011 11:48:58 PM
Re: Tribute to Dannie Russell idaho 6/5/2011 3:17:07 PM