Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP

by towers i was meaning the cellular sector -  i spent about a year in houston running three of my crews on fiber to cell tower projects. i was looking at the whole communications biz - copper, cell, and catv in my post as i have done work for all three sectors. i agree on the hot spots. one of the cable co. i used to sub from played with that idea on an R&D basis with an equipment maker about 10 years ago. it worked ok but was too costly for what it did at the time so they put it on the back burner.

as far as the programmers not having the infrastructure to do it - if things go IP based then they will ship any call center or internet order service overseas where there is processing centers alredy set up . they will also do this to keep overhead down. just look at the way most companies do with call centers already.

passive systems will be the norm in the coming years. the only curiousity i have is  seeing how they will set up hot spots in UG only areas. i suppose if they have strong enough wireless hotspots they could use existing amp locations as hot spot locations ....   just a thought tho. 
This is CABL.com posting #327306. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxji
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP goodsky 5/14/2011 11:11:04 PM