Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP

fiber hardline will stay around for a while. 3g, 4g, (and soon to a tower near you) 5g is all possible due to fiber to the tower. i think as far as feeder transmission ftth is going to become standard across the board until wireless devices are perfected, BUT there will always be a need for trouble shooters as not all people are programmed to figure out tech issues.  ethernet over power is already in play in the european theater and has been in the development stages in larger US cities for many years now.

all the things we are saying now were being said when dish and direct became players in the market. several things , as far as the program providers, will have to change as well for cable or fone companies to become totally obsolete. i see the next step in the form of a la carte programming thru ip directly from the programmers - when that happens, then we are all screwed, because when all is wireless and ip driven then they will be able to market directly to the public as opposed to having to bundle their stations to providers to make their extra dimes to make bugdets and/or bonuses for the year.

just my humble opinion - but what do i know, i'm just a cable guy ?!?!?!?!
This is CABL.com posting #327284. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbxiW
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP by goodsky
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cable Going All Internet,IP goodsky 5/14/2011 3:12:14 PM