Create your free account now! Sign up

Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contractors?

Hey anyone on here hear about this yet?  I just got a Cease and cease and desist letter from the State of Florida Department of Business Regulation saying I need a ES lic to install Direct TV and to stop all work or face fines and or criminal charges.   I told the company I contact for and he got the same letter we contract for Mastec and im wondering if any of you heard of this crack down yet? Im still working but I dont want to get in trouble or lose my income.

I did call and spoke to the investigator and he told me they have not had the resources to enforce the law until recently.  Im looking at a 5000.00 fine for each work order I complete after this notice.  LOL thats like a Mastec chargeback on steriods.  I was saying I got 10 years into doing this. I guess Cable guys are in danger to aswell. The State told me there are not trying to get the little guys "us" but bring all the cable and sat companies into compliance with State laws. The National Low Voltage Ass is backign up the State of Florida on finding people like us and filing complaints thats how they got us.  We have 25 subs and I think my boss is closing shop soon. 

The investigator gave me two options.  Get a ES license to install limited energy which i had to have good credit, no criminal record and pay up a 1000.00 bucs OH it takes a year or be an employee.  Do you guys think this has to do with all the Federal Labor suits popping up all over the States?  Im a contractor not employee. We spoke for a while and he told me without details this is comming from the top.  DOnt know what that means and says within the next 6 monthes to a year all Cable and Sat contractors are going to be audit for proper lic requirements.  My boss says the Mastec Site manager has had a meeting with them and all 4 sub partners may be released the area.  THAT SUCKS.  Whos hiring.

Let me know guys if you hear anything. I can scan the letter and post it trying to figure this fourm stuff out

This is CABL.com posting #307805. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbseL
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract Unseensimpleman 7/27/2010 12:33:07 PM
Re: Florida Crackin down in Sat and Cable contract superlinedog 7/22/2010 1:16:29 AM